Search This Blog

Saturday, 10 January 2015

Happy New Year

Hello Everyone,

I would like to wish you all Happy New Year, all the best and may all your wishes come true.

I know it already a few days in a new year, but this time is very busy for me. I had to work some days during Christmas and the work keeps me busy.

Alex is after the Christmas a little bit more demanding than usual. Maybe because I was home more often and she got use to it. Poor daddy ;) he doesn't have much time for himself when I'm at work.

Alex loved Christmas, she loved the presents and was commenting on everything she saw and checked. It was so funny and all of us were watching her, what she was doing, that we completely forgot to take pictures. Ups!!!!

Her grandma and aunt were here. We liked it, they helped us a lot with everything, just Alex was a little shy. Even though she knew them, she didn't want to stay with them alone. Only on a walk outside, or if I and hubby were not around. This worked only one morning, when grandma took her to play in the living room and we stayed in a bed, but as soon as one of us when there, Alex wanted only us. We were even thinking to put her in a creche for maybe one day a week, but they don't take kids just like that. We need to think about something else to get her use to different people.

I'm currently 28 weeks pregnant, my bump is growing very fast and the little one inside as well.
We were very surprised in a hospital, that they did a quick scan of the baby. During my last pregnancy I got only 2 scans (plus one I requested due to the placenta position), one at 14 weeks another at the end, so it was nice to see the baby again.

After that we went to buy a double buggy. I originally thought we won't need one as Alex would be walking and all, but she doesn't want to walk much. She does a few steps by herself and is standing without support for much longer now, but I don't think she would be able to walk 5K in 3-4 months when the baby arrives and we'll go for walk or something.

I will probably write a review on the buggy when we start using it. We just cleaned it to get it ready when needed. :) BTW it's second hand, we really didn't want to invest too much money in it as we will need them for something else, but it's in great condition, the wheels look like they were outside only a few times ;) Most of the soft rubber spikes you can find on new wheels are still there.

Alex is trying to talk a lot now. It's still her language and it doesn't make too much sense, but she's understands a lot and knows when to use mummy, daddy etc. I absolutely love when she sits down on her playmat takes a book or some other toy and starts "reading" or "talking" to it. She uses much more letters now and combines them together, that sometimes they even create a normal word. Either in English or our language. 

She still doesn't sleep good during the night and sometimes she doesn't want to sleep during day either. I was thinking to speak to sleep consultant as it looks like she's waking up most of the time because she lost a soother or her cuddly bunny. I think if she would be able to sleep without soother, she wouldn't wake up that often. Well, we'll see if we speak to someone or just give her more time.

I'm getting more exited in the 3rd trimester as the time for me to stay home is getting closer. I still need to submit paperwork to get maternity benefit, etc, but it's currently stuck in my company :( I hope they will sort this out soon.

Alex is waking up, so I will need to get her and play, because I promised that to her and we think she knows what promise means ;) 

Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment