Search This Blog

Monday, 2 February 2015

Second pregnancy so far

I am nearly 32 weeks through my second pregnancy.

The beginning was grand. Everything was perfect. Nearly no symptoms. Just the last trimester is getting more and more difficult.

My bump is growing faster and I am more tired. The reason is probably the time after work. I don't have that much quiet time when I came home. Alex wants to play with me, as she doesn't see me whole day and when I go to the sofa to relax she loves climbing up and sometimes jumping at me.

So I rather sit on the floor with her.

But on Sunday something happened. Not sure what started it, but Alex went to sit on sofa with me. I wanted to rest a little. She cuddled my bump for the first time, placed her head on it like she was listening what is going on in there, she stroked it as well and when I said her to knock on her brother she did with her whole palm :)

It was so sweet. She found a book in her bedroom "I'm a new big sister" and she started to play with it. There is a button which makes baby giggle sound. She loves the button and she even checked on the pages and pictures. I read her a little from it but she was faster turning the pages ;)

Now I need to wake up during the night more often to use the bathroom. It's difficult to get up as I am already big and have odd pains here and there. 

Sometimes I feel really different than when I was pregnant with Alex. I'm struggling more already and I'm happy that I have only 5 weeks of work left.

I look like a teenager again. Spots everywhere. And my hormones are all over the place.

Had a few difficult days at work last week and cried a lot. Well not every day is perfect.

Hospital bags are now ready, pack and set in the living room just in case they will be needed earlier. The only thing I'm missing is my birth plan. I will have the same one as last time, just will update some small details, I know I either don't need or won't get. This I have ready by Wednesday as it's my hospital appointment and I want to take it with me. I might actually publish a copy here as well.

Good news is that I didn't have heartburn for a few days now. I hope it will last a little longer.

Bad news is that I sometimes get so wrecked that if I go to sleep in the afternoon I can't open my eyes even though my brain is already (or still) working.


I finished a few little crocheting projects and started one for the little one. Baby blanket; a blue one! All other baby blankets are either white or pink, so I wanted to make something for the baby in blue as well.

The baby is very active, moving a lot, I don't need to sit down and do the counting as everyone is talking about, because when he starts he makes the 10 necessary moves within a few minutes :)

And do you know what is getting nearly impossible? Doing my pedicure or put shoes with shoe laces on xi xi. 

My hubby had to help me last time I wanted to put my runners on. I managed one with really heavy breathing like a steam engine, but wasn't able to do the other.

Also all jackets are too small to close them. I'm normally UK size 8, my biggest water-proof jacket is size 14. Even this one is too small. I tried my hubby's one, that didn't work either. Bump is really growing fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment