Search This Blog

Sunday, 17 May 2015

Alex knows what pain is :(

Alex didn't know how to say "au" until a few days ago. 

If she fell, hurt herself, bump to anything she usually said "abm" which was something like "au"

It was funny, because we always corrected her, but she was unable to say it correctly.

Well now she know how to. 

A few days ago she said "au" first time. I didn't know what happened, she was standing next to kitchen drawers when she used it. Nothing looked suspicious, but a few minutes later my hubby said her finger is bleeding. She had to cut it somewhere, definitely not in the kitchen drawer as there are only plastic tops for boxes, but I have no idea where.

Hubby took her to the bathroom to wash it while I was looking for plaster. He nearly fainted there. I had to finish it and he then had to hold her for me to put the plaster on. It was bad enough. The wound wasn't that deep or big, but was bleeding and she tried to scratch the loose skin. 

I put a plaster on in and had to used bandage on her whole hand and cover it with baby sock, so she won't undo all and scratch it. We played with her so she forgets what happened, but she was repeating "au" now and then, kissing her hand and blowing at it to sooth the pain and asking us to do the same.

In the evening, she managed to pull the bandage off and the plaster too, so I had to take her and cut the skin off. We put a fresh plaster on and the following morning all was OK. She still knew that there was a small wound but it didn't hurt her as much because she was picking up items with that hand without any problems.

So no plaster needed anymore and she's happy girl again.

That afternoon we went to get some groceries. She was squatting on the only step in front of our house which is about 10cm tall. I told her not to lean forward and leave the stones below alone, or she might fall and bump her head. I went to open the car door when I heard her crying. Well you all know what happened. Now she had another thing to say "au" to. But the following morning she didn't even remember.

It is amazing how fast kids heal. Two days later and there are no scratches. She's pretty princess herself again :)

I just hope, we won't have that many "au" days in the future, but I think even if she's a girl, she has boy-ish nature inside and we will have some more bruises, cuts and other stuff to look forward to.
  BTW my hubby is pretty bad with the blood etc, so I think first aid will be on me even though I hate blood too :( ups

No comments:

Post a Comment