Search This Blog

Wednesday, 20 April 2016

First workout group meeting

So I have first workout group meeting with my local No Excuse Moms.

It was Wednesday afternoon and I drove there only with Alex as I had a little bit of admin work with the NEMs before we could start working out.

The weather day before was gorgeous. Sunny like in summer, warm and even the wind was comfortable, but the Wednesday was a different story. It was much colder, 10 degrees Celsius less and cloudy.

I arrived earlier and went to the playground with Alex. She played a little, but was really shy. When other NEMs arrived, we had to introduce ourselves, sign some paper work and start with the workout.

Alex was sitting in a buggy, I took it in case she will be tired and want to sleep and to carry all my stuff.

Other kids where running around, so some moms had to chase them, that's why we decided to go from the field right into the playground where we could close the gates and keep the kids inside. The only thing there was checking them when they decided to use sled or swings.

We laughed a lot and people were looking at us as we were crazy, but every comment they made I turned back at them and asked them to join us.

After the workout we played there with kids. Alex still didn't want to join the other kids there, but eventually she did and went to a sled. She loved it and didn't want to go home, same as her new friend. Well I call him friend, but she only smiled at him a few times, no talk though.

I know our kids live in a great place, with lot of nature and animals around, but they need other kids to play with.

I'm really happy I can get them meet others this way and shape up a little. Just can't wait for next meeting.

Alex wasn't play for that long there, but when we were nearly home, she fell asleep in a car. Hubby picked her up when we arrived and took her to bed, she was like a puppet. We woke her up, gave her dinner and half an hour later she was in bed again, sleeping like a little baby.

Jessie didn't go with us this time, but will join us next week. That will be even better fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment