It was Sunday morning and my hubby was still asleep. Me and Alex we were already up, had our breakfasts and played a little. I had to use the bathroom and couldn't leave Alex in the living room alone as she would scream her heart out. There is no privacy in our house anymore.
So that's why I usually try to explain to her what is going on and even put her on her potty to get her use to the routine.
On Sunday though I went to the toilet alone just kept the door open.
As Alex was crawling to the bathroom when something caught my attention.
A brown mouse was running towards her in the hallway. As it saw her in the door to the living room it decided to run to the bathroom instead.
I'm not afraid of mouse, we had hamsters and now we have a gerbil and I love it, but this was such an unexpected event that I started to scream.
Alex sat down, looked at me with question mark in her eyes and was about to cry when the mouse run directly under my feet.
I was still sitting at the toilet, my legs stretched up in front of me and I was trying to make Alex smile as I known what could this experience do to her. I didn't want to just stand up and walk away as I wasn't sure where the mouse was.
Well the mouse is gone now. I set up a trap and found it there this morning.
I just need to work with Alex a little bit so she forgets this thing and won't be afraid of mouse in the future.
When I think about it now it's really funny, but at that moment it wasn't.
I'm not sure if I was afraid of the mouse or the possibility I will run to Alex and could scratch or bite her. It doesn't matter now, I just need to use the EFT technique to remove the fear from my mind and possibly from Alex's too. It worked for me before and helped me with my fear of beetles, so I'll try it again.
We need to set some more traps around the house because the cold weather outside makes the little brown intruders to come in uninvited.
No comments:
Post a Comment