Search This Blog

Tuesday, 9 December 2014

Alex is a big girl.

I'm sorry for such a long delay in writing another post. It was crazy busy time. I'm back to work, was getting ready for Alex's birthday and Christmas is just behind a corner.

Soooo, that's it. Alex is already one year old. 
 
The time is running so fast. It feels like yesterday when we brought her home and now she's one, has 6 teeth, is nearly walking and a babbling a lot.
She changed so much and grew so fast. I'm afraid she will be taller than me when she's 6 years old ;-) 

The parties were great. There was supposed to be only one but our great friends wouldn't make it so I made a small cake for their visit. It turned out to be the bigger party at the end as some other friends had either sick kids or work.
Alex absolutely loved her cakes. At the beginning she didn't want to touch it. But then she tasted a bit of cream and there was nothing to stop her anymore. We cut the cake and I wanted to keep the slice she touched for myself to finish it off. But there was nothing to finish. Our Alex ate it all. That night she couldn't sleep. Probably the sugar rush. So at the other party she got just a little piece. She was happy again and this time it didn't have such a big side effects.

She got some lovely presents and we already see what she prefers.
Interactive book with songs, a touch phone, of course a baby one, which tells her the numbers or colours etc and a wooden animal puzzle. She's not able to fit the animals back to their places but loves to play with them.
It couldn't turn out better. It's a pity that our families are so far, but our friends were enough for her to get out of her routine and use to new people.
I though she would love to tear the wrapping paper of her gifts, but she was shy. Maybe Christmas time....
Alex is probably realising that there is something in my tummy. As my bump is growing bigger, now nearly 24 weeks pregnant, she's sometimes lying on it like she is listening what's going on in there.
Then she starts jumping and climbing on me. We read her a book There's a house inside my mummy. It's brilliant. I absolutely love it. Great short rhymes that cover most of the pregnancy issues in a funny way.
I'm so happy that I bought it. 
We bought her another book about a being a big sister, but read this only once.
It's not in rhymes, but should explain to her what is coming.

I still can't believe how quick the year went by. 

The best feeling ever is to come home from work to my LO and see her smiling at me. 
I hope to write another post soon, so see you later.
Happy mummy ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment