So this is official, my second maternity leave is started on Monday!
Those few weeks before my maternity leave when I was home were more like recovery weeks from the stress and tiredness. Now I feel a bit better. Not weak, I'm not fainting anymore, the tiredness is getting better as well, I think the iron supplements finally kicked in.
Unfortunately there are other issues. Pelvis/hip/lower back pain. Especially during the night. I spoke about it with one of the midwifes at the hospital on Wednesday and she said it's completely normal if we take in account that my previous pregnancy was so close to this one. My body probably didn't adjusted to the normal state and my muscles were still more relaxed than they should be. With the amount of new relaxin hormone levels they are getting even more relaxed which causes the pain.
Also our little boy (they confirmed, that it should be a boy this time) is a little bit bigger than expected. I had to go for a new blood tests to check my glucose levels. Still waiting for the results. I hope all is as it should be and the little man just took after his daddy, who's much taller than me.
Just a few more weeks and we will welcome our new addition to little growing family :)
Alex is now nearly running, she still won't walk too far, but she's getting better every day and her sleeping is great too. We had now 3 days straight without waking up! Well she didn't wake up, I did :( loo trips and last night the pain again.
Also we started to feed her the food I make for me and hubby, so half of the week she has her own food, another half she would share lunch with us. It's great, I just needed to adjust the spices and salt levels, so she can have it, but that doesn't bother us.
She's now also more aware that my tummy is getting bigger and it's moving ;) she comes for cuddles etc.
I'm really looking forward to see her reaction when my tummy will be gone and the baby will be with us.
Last Wednesday at the check up with my doctor I had for a first time normal blood pressure. Not low as usual, such a great feeling.
Little man is kicking less, but still enough during the day. When my Dr. tried to listen to his heartbeat, he was kicking the doppler away :) She managed only 5 seconds, but his heart is strong :)
So all is good so far, tiredness is better too, weakness is gone and now just waiting time!
Even though I thought I will have more time to write, it's quite busy home with Alex. She getting really good at the walking, even outside, started to discover more things home, helping me cooking and even singing in her own way of course :)
So have a patience with me :) I'll add some more posts soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment