Search This Blog

Sunday, 9 August 2015

Some news about Jessie

Jessie is 4 months old already. The time flies. 

He loves his tummy time. His neck muscles are really strong. He's even trying to crawl a little. Was able to move on a bed a little bit. He is sometimes turning to his side as well, but wasn't able to roll over yet.

He's such a good boy. If he's not teething he's full of smiles, feeds well and sleeps great.

He's up only once or twice a night, if I give him soother, he goes back to sleep and feeds around 6am. So it's around 9 hours night sleep as we are aiming for bedtime around 8-9pm.

We already tried a bit of baby rice, he didn't spit it out much, so I presume he likes it. I have a plenty of milk for him, so there is no need to push it too much with the solids, but I want him to get use to new textures and possible tastes. 

It's summer time, we'll have a lot of healthy vegetables, home grown, so I would like to use this opportunity.

We went even swimming with him and we are trying to get him use to water in our garden swimming pool. It's a small one, but there is enough water for him and Alex. Even for me ;)

Jessie is growing really fast. He's strong boy. I'm waiting to go for development check up with him. I believe all is well, but it's always nice to hear professional opinion. We need to get his vaccines done as well, but that has time.

He's very alert and loves to look at pictures, toys and books. He's reaching for everything what is close.

After the morning feed he usually wants to talk to me, he's smiling, singing etc, which is not too good as he might wake Alex, so I take him to bed and try to calm him down and get him back to sleep.
Some mornings are luckier than others. It's 50-50 chance he falls asleep after a few minutes.

Funny thing is that if I turn my back to him, he reaches to me and starts poking me with his fist or pulling my hair, but he's always gentle.

I want him to be strong and crawl already as it's difficult to have one baby on a blanket outside and the other running around the house. I hope he will follow us around when he'll be able, but I'm sure he might start running to the other direction to keep me even busier. We'll see ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment