Search This Blog

Saturday, 22 August 2015

Staying with my mum

Did anyone had to stay with their parents or parent after a long time living away from them? It happened to me twice. Once when I run away from my ex-boyfriend, before I met my hubby and second time this year. The first time it was for a year, but I was alone and the only person who had to deal with that was me. Second time it was us. My whole family! Even though my hubby was with us only for a few days, but then he was on the other end of phone line.

One months with two kids without their daddy and with their grandma was challenging.

Because of my dad's situation (he was very sick and staying in a hospital) it was even worse than usual. My mum is difficult to deal with and with the amount of stress she had while we were there, it was really difficult.

I was lucky to meet with my best friend who has a little boy nearly the same age as Alex and who is currently expecting a second child. She helped me a lot as I was stressed because of all this too. We met quite often so our kids could play etc. That was making the whole time there easier.

If you live alone and maybe even far away, you have your own life, your view at life, your way of parenting if you have kids, even your style how do you cook. If you have to adjust everything because of new place it's difficult, but if there are other people to adjust to, it's certainly nerve wrecking. 

I don't like when somebody is talking to me like I am not responsible, unable to look after myself or my kids and I really hate when somebody who doesn't even look after himself is trying to push me where I don't want to go with anything that is happening.

Funny thing was that my mum told me to behave like I'm home, but as soon as I did something I would in my home and she didn't like it, she told me that I am only visiting there and have to behave as she wants and do what she says. REALLY????!!!!

Well, I know she doesn't think she's too pushy, but she has to have her way every time. She knows better and even if you did exactly what she wanted, you did it wrong, but it's still my mum and I love her. 

I don't want to rant too much so I'm done for now. 

I spent one month at my parents house with a few breaks of going to my sisters. A week with one and a few days with another during this period. I have to thank them too and to thank my mum as well, because now I know what I want for my family and I will stand behind every decision I make! No bends for anyone, I have my own mind and I'm really happy that my hubby supports me and is on same page with me. 

We know what we want for our kids and for us and I will describe it later. Some situations in your life will show you and help you decide what your priorities are.


No comments:

Post a Comment