Search This Blog

Wednesday, 6 January 2016

New Year 2016

Hello Everyone,

so this is my first post in a year 2016. Our end of the year was calm. We were home alone, just me, hubby and kids. As our kids don't know what does end of a year means, we didn't wake them up at midnight. We just watched a movie  with my hubby to survive the last few hours of 2015 and don't fall asleep and wished each other happy new year. 

I don't even remember when I celebrated the New Years Eve last time. There were no big celebrations in Ireland, fireworks are illegal there, so nothing special and to be honest, with little kids I don't even have the power to stay awake longer than necessary. That means, when kids are in a bed, kitchen is clean and ready for following day, I don't bother with anything else. 

It's difficult to get some rest if you are waking up during the night to attend your babies, but it's getting better now. 

Jessie is crawling now. And he's pretty good at it and starting to be fast as well. He's able to climb over small objects and he's kneeling by footstool or boxes or anything like this. He loves that he can get anywhere now and nothing is safe. 

Alex doesn't take it as good as we do. She started to be jealous of him. It will take time for her to get use to it, that her little brother is not that little anymore and he loves to copy her with everything. So far it's just playing with toys. The fact that she pushes him sometimes doesn't bother him yet. I just hope we can get her behave better before he thinks that it's normal and starts to return these little favours ;)

So Alex was a few times on a naughty step. She didn't like it at all and when it was done by her daddy she didn't get it as he messed up a little. That was actually first time we used it. Today I sat her down there twice and second time it was much smoother, she even got me hugs and kisses after that and kissed her brother too. It might work ;) I'm really glad I remember something from watching SuperNanny those years ago, before our kids arrived.

Jessie has two teeth and another is coming out. He's sleeping much better last two nights, wakes only around 9pm, that's around 1.5 hour after bedtime and another time around 5:30am. He goes back to sleep and wakes again in an hour or two, so it's great, except we are use to sleep longer. We should probably change it a little. 

With me exercising again and eating better now, I have more energy to play with kids. If the good sleeps continues, I'll be super powered mommy in no time :)

That's it for now. I need to finish some presents for kids of my friends. They will have birthday soon ;) 

BTW the winter's here. It's really cold and snowing from time to time. I'm happy that we have full freezer, fridge and storage, just in case we get snowed in.


No comments:

Post a Comment