Search This Blog

Wednesday, 2 March 2016

Busy busy busy

Oh yeah, even I have no time sometimes. 

It was so busy these past two months, that I didn't have time to sit down and do something relaxing for myself like writing here.

We went to see my family and sort out some legal issues, which after a stressful month are done. 

Kids had one day stomach flu which affected nearly whole family, even I had it and believe me it was no fun and I'm an adult. Poor kids. :( We were glad that it was just a day, in Jessie's case three days.

I finally finished another online course which I didn't have time to do before and there was a time limit set for me. It's done now, but it was a very time consuming as I had to catch up on all the lessons. 

Alex also decided it was time to test our bedtime routine again, so I didn't have even evenings free. It settled down and the bedtime is at 8:30pm which gives me 30 minutes for the bedtime story and Alex is most of the time fast asleep by 9pm. There are some odd days when she tries to stay up, but we decided that if she comes to the living room, she could be there, but without our attention. Of course we watch her a little bit, but there is no communications and we pretend to do our stuff. This usually works and she falls asleep on the spot, so we move her to her bed. All is in normal the following day.

Jessie is sleeping better too. Usually up around 5am, but most of the nights not waking up after midnight. If he's not teething of course. When the time's right and my hubby won't be studying again, we will do the sleep training with him, so he stays in his cot by 7am at least. Wishful thinking, but it can be done ;) We know.

Jessie's going to be one soon and I'll have to get his present done. Another crocheted toy. I hope I'll finish it soon. I started before Christmas.....

I'll try to make more time for myself and my writing again as I need it to relax a little bit. I still have some parenting books to read and I'll write reviews on them here as well and yet another course starting next Monday. This time photography :D 

Alex's English is improving and she loves all her movies. She started to play puzzles and it's amazing how fast is she picking up what needs to go where.

I started to worry a little bit that she's not brushing her teeth much. She wasn't interested and liked to play with the electric toothbrush, but the battery's dead. So I was thinking what to do. As she started to play puzzles on tablet as well which teach her the words in English as well I downloaded a few apps for her. She adores cats and I had one app already. She got pretty upset when the cat had to go to bed and she couldn't play with it, so I decided to download another one. Guess what....the cat has to get her teeth brushed. Surprise!!!! Alex is now brushing her own teeth after breakfast and dinner and she would even often if I asked her to. I let her to do it herself, then I do a little bit and she finishes the job. Great fun and all done.

Jessie is walking around furniture. He tries to climb up on a bed, but it didn't work out yet. We had a two months of very laud screaming in the house, because he stood up and couldn't get back to the floor. Finally he got how to bend his knees and return back to the ground, so less screaming here and much more laughter. 

There is still some sibling rivalry and jealousy, but we are working on it and I'll write much more later.

So I hope to write some more soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment