Alex's birthday is getting closer.
I didn't think the time will fly so fast. I remember it like yesterday, the day when Alex was born. Even before I thought the time goes fast, especially after 25th birthday, but after having a baby or kids, it's even faster. You just turn around and the year is gone.
There were so many days, moments and unexpected things, that you try to remember. You want to remember every single one of them. It's difficult because nearly everyday your baby surprise you with something, even if that thing would be a wink, or smile or that your little one will actually pet a dog without pulling its ears or she might pee right at the moment when you took the nappy off. I wish I could keep all of these precious moments somewhere, where I could access them whenever I need a little bit of extra positive energy.
To be honest, I think having a baby was the best decision we ever made. I wouldn't change anything. I absolutely love being a mother and have somebody so precious to look after. Of course I look after my hubby as well, but he would survive if I wouldn't be around, but you mean the world to a little baby, you are the safe boat, you are their sun and they love you for that.
So as the time of Alex's special day is getting rapidly closer, we need to get ready. We already have a few presents a little ones, a lovely dress for her party, but nothing else.
There were so many days, moments and unexpected things, that you try to remember. You want to remember every single one of them. It's difficult because nearly everyday your baby surprise you with something, even if that thing would be a wink, or smile or that your little one will actually pet a dog without pulling its ears or she might pee right at the moment when you took the nappy off. I wish I could keep all of these precious moments somewhere, where I could access them whenever I need a little bit of extra positive energy.
To be honest, I think having a baby was the best decision we ever made. I wouldn't change anything. I absolutely love being a mother and have somebody so precious to look after. Of course I look after my hubby as well, but he would survive if I wouldn't be around, but you mean the world to a little baby, you are the safe boat, you are their sun and they love you for that.
So as the time of Alex's special day is getting rapidly closer, we need to get ready. We already have a few presents a little ones, a lovely dress for her party, but nothing else.
We invited a few friends, mostly with kids, so we hope she will have somebody to play with that day. And I hope she won't be scared of them, or the amount of people around. Otherwise we have to think about plan B :)
I tried to bake a princess cake for her. My hubby said, it was nice even if that was only the first trial I made. Unfortunately the icing or topping or how to call it was too sweet and as we are used to more healthy eating, the amount of butter and sugar there made me sick.
I have to find another way how to do the frosting. It has to be like for cupcakes and when cold, it should hold the shape. Any ideas anyone? I searched a lot of pages here on Internet and still can't decide.
I love baking, but usually do everything without icing/frosting. It's easier and less time consuming, but for my little one I do exception ;)
The following week is Alex going to have a smash cake photo shoot and I am planning to bake a giant cupcake for this as well. A friend of mine is going to borrow me a mould, so I will probably make one on her birthday too, just to try how it goes and how it will looks like.
That day we should find out if the other one is going to be Alex's a little brother or sister. And that will be a lovely surprise present for my hubby's birthday, as he doesn't want to celebrate it. We will have a special family day with a lot of fun. At least that's the plan ;)
We need to get the house ready too. Buy some banners, maybe make a poster, get balloons etc.
I can't wait to get everything ready.
Alex loves tearing paper and cardboard apart, so she might actually enjoy getting into the presents. We'll see if she likes the wrapping or presents more.
But I still can't believe that it's nearly a year now. And I really don't know why did we wait for so long to start our little growing family.
No comments:
Post a Comment