Alex is nearly 2 years old and I thought it was time to teach her some songs. Well nursery rhymes etc. She managed already a name of one song she likes and when I ask her what to sing, she's able to tell me what should be the song about. Like song about bunny, horse or something else. I was singing for her and little Jessie often, but didn't teach her any of the songs properly.
I picked a song I was sure she would know how to say most of the words in it. And I sang it a few times myself.
Then I started to sing and waited at the end of each verse for her to say the word herself. It took her only 3 repeats of the song and she was able to finish each sentence herself.
I was so happy. So the next day we sang this song at least 5 times and I started with another one. Alex got it within a few minutes. So I thought, she might be listening to me when I sing and I started to sing all the songs for kids I knew and waited a while for her to fill out the gaps or say the words with me.
She helped me sing nearly every song I tried. It's 6 or 8 songs I sing often because these are the baby ones that are easy to remember and follow.
I'm really proud that she remembers these.
I made a small movie how she sings and send it to my family.
My mum wasn't able to open the video so I helped her while I was on the phone with her. I was a little bit disappointed with her reaction. She said Alex should be singing these all by herself. I'm not really sure when kids starting to sing alone but I don't care. I think Alex is very bright and she learns really really fast. She picks new words every day, not just one a day.
She's using 2-3 words sentences sometimes and is able to ask us for anything she wants. She's even saying "please" and if she's in a good humour "thank you" as well.
Most of the words she's using at the moment are in Czech or Slovak, but I was surprised she came to our bed one morning with her Happy Hippo (hand puppet) and asked me in English: How are you?
I replied to her and she repeated Thank you in English as well, and is using it sometimes too.
I know it's not much, but she understands 3 languages. That's great I think.
We are practising everyday now and she's getting better, but I think it will take time to get her to sing a whole song and sing it in a correct tune. But nothing will stop us now :D
No comments:
Post a Comment