Search This Blog

Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Weaning Jessie

So Jessie is over 6 months old now and we started the real weaning process a few weeks ago. Not just baby rice before bed, but sometimes some breakfast and every day lunch. I prepared some baby food and put it in the freezer. Still have a few portions there, but need to get something new.

When Jessie sees us that we eat, he wants to have the same food. If I am cooking and the food is not spicy or salty, I give him taste. 

So he had his baby bolognese, Shepperd's pay, chicken vegetables and some our food like chicken noodle soup and potato goulash (of course not spicy). He absolutely loves these. I don't even mix everything anymore, but I mash it with fork. I think he will soon be eating what we do without my help.

He grabbed the baby spoon today at lunch and started to feed himself. Of course the food was everywhere, on the table, bib, floor, chair, his hands, spoon but in his mouth too. I was thinking of trying the baby led weaning, but when I tried to give him potato or banana I was too scared he would put it whole to the mouth or it might slip to his throat, so I decided, I'll take it slow and feed him and give him some food when I see he's ready to handle it. 

Tomorrow is another cooking day, so I need to find some more kids friendly recipes. Any suggestions anyone? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment