Our little growing family was sick. Just a few days ago we got better. It started with the kids. Alex and Jessie had head cold, I had sore throat and my hubby too.
I wanted them to get better soon as we were invited to a family reunion.
Alex and Jessie had really bad sniffles, probably sore throat as well and little cough. As it looked quite bad after 3 days, no improvements, we took them to the doctor. Both got some drops, vitamins etc. We were lucky as they had fever only once.
We had only 3 more days for them to get well, so we could go to see the family. I didn't care much about myself, but was concerned with them. If they would have fever or really bad cough, we wouldn't go, but luck was on our side.
By Saturday, the day of the visit, they were fine. Still had a little sniffles, but nothing big. Just Jessie slept really bad during the night. Alex was fine, she returned to whole night sleep and didn't even get blocked nose, but Jessie is still sleeping very light. He will wake up a lot, much more than before.
Last night was a little better. Even though he woke up a few times, he settled himself back to sleep and after I fed him, he slept for a few more hours.
I still breastfeed him, but he takes only one feed during the night and that's around 5-6am.
I wish he would sleep better and longer, but he's still small. He didn't take his first sickness well. It really stressed him a lot. He's still getting over it, so it's easier for me to take him to our bed when he wakes during the night, so I don't need to get up. My hubby moved out of the room/bed when we got sick and still didn't return as he's studying now and has webinars until late night/early morning.
We are also expecting to get a new bed and move ourselves to different room. I will then start to train Jessie to get better sleep.
As he slept longer last night, he was much happier today and had only one longer day nap. I didn't mind that. He was really nice. Alex was a different story. But not all days are happy days for everyone.
She started well, but towards the evening got more tired and made a little trouble here and there.
Jessie is teething as well, so this could cause the sleep problems too, who knows.
We are not perfect and I was getting upset faster than usual too. The tiredness and lack of sleep affects everyone.
I feel stressed sometimes, but I get better when I get some me time. During the weeks it's usually my workout time. I got use to the exercising again, that I really miss it during my days off :D
No comments:
Post a Comment