Search This Blog

Saturday, 15 November 2014

Daddy's point of view as a staying/working home dad

When I returned to work, my hubby stayed home with Alex.

I gave him all the instructions, but didn't write anything down for him, so I received a few phone calls with questions like, how long should she sleep, what should he give her to eat, when, how much milk etc.

She didn't want to eat as much as she usually does with me, but that's OK. The important thing is that she's eating, she's happy and she sleeps well.

Actually he managed to get her sleep four times during the day, that's twice that much as I usually did. She usually slept only once in the morning and once early afternoon. Now she sleeps twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon, but when I found out, I told him that it might be too much and he managed to keep her up during the afternoon.

Of course I don't know what they are doing home while I work, but he usually tells me what happened. How they played together, walked, how she pooped into nappy instead of potty and what mess did she make.

The house is not in a big mess, it looks usually OK.

Today she managed to climb up the sofa. That's a first time she done this. She knows how to get down and usually manages fine, but sometimes instead of landing on her feet, she falls on her butt. Luckily she doesn't go head first, but we don't leave her alone on sofa or chair. I think I would keep an eye on her while she sits somewhere higher than floor and my hubby too.

I usually ask if he was able to work that day. The answer so far was not much as Alex keeps him busy. On one side I'm glad, because he sees how it is, that it's not just nice and quiet time and that she can be very demanding and noisy, on the other side, he wants to start working from home and it would be great if that will pay off.

But he's happy to be home, I just would like to see what everything is he not telling me ;)

I'm very grateful that even during the night he wakes up and go check on her. Unfortunately he doesn't have the reflex to wake up when he hears a little squeaks she makes, so they usually wake me up and I wake him. It's better for me, because I don't need to get out of the warm bed and usually fall asleep within a minute or so. If I have to get up, I walk to the bathroom as well and it might take me even 5 minutes to sort everything out, then I'm wide awake and it takes me even half an hour to go back to sleep.

He feels so far that it isn't that difficult as he thought it might be, he just doesn't have time for everything what he wants to do, even though Alex sleeps for him twice that much ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment