Since we found out, nothing really change. If I got sick maybe twice during the whole 20 weeks I would be probably exaggerating.
I don't know why, but I didn't feel pregnant at all. Sometimes I completely forgot, that I have a little one growing inside me.
Like the day we went with Alex for an X-Ray. I stood there next to her, holding her leg down, so they can make a picture for us and didn't even think about anything else than her. Don't worry nothing is wrong, she's fine. She was born with an extra digit on one of her toes and we wanted to find out if we have to do anything about it now, or if it's OK to wait. They don't want to do anything yet, so we are happy about it.
It hit me just when I was shopping and Alex was with her grand-grand-mum and aunt. I called my husband crying what have I done. I was so scared. I called his other aunt who works in the hospital and she was the first one to know the news. She said I shouldn't worry, should take a bubble or salt bath or long shower and wash myself well. In a half an hour she called granny's phone that she checked that for me with the radiologist there and that the strength of the X-Ray was like walking through airport control twice in a row.
I calmed down, called my hubby to calm him down as well and I forgot about it and about being pregnant again. No signs what so ever. I ate everything what I liked, but sometimes realised I shouldn't probably have that, so I was looking for excuses not to eat certain food I got.
Just my bump started to grow. When I came visit my parents I went to my gynaecologist and he confirmed what I knew, even got a little picture of the 6 weeks old embryo.
My mum always went outside the apartment block to talk to her friends and she took Alex with her. One of her friends just started to ask one day if I am expecting. Of course not I said, I didn't want anyone to know yet, it was too early, but she was constantly asking the same question. In a few days my mum started to annoy me with talking to Alex about my big belly. I got really angry, my hormones started to work and I had to tell her. So there were 3 people who knew (my mum, sister and hubby's aunt). I didn't want to tell to anyone in the family or friends. By the end of our holidays, two more people found out, my second sister and my best friend.
The only sign of pregnancy except for the growing bump I had was the tiredness. I'm still quite tired but otherwise well.
When we came back home I felt much better, didn't need to hide anything from anyone. And the time was running fast, but my bump growth slowed down a little. I thing I'm smaller than I was at the same time during pregnancy with Alex.
The change of environment after so many weeks away payed it's toll on me. I was sick 3 times in 2 months each time for at least a week. Same Alex and my hubby. He was the only one who actually took pills, antibiotics etc. Alex had cold twice and stomach bug. I had abscess in my throat, then cold and the last time I got stomach bug from the little one. That was the worst thing I ever experience. I mean the combination of being pregnant and having stomach bug. The pain in my belly, constant visits to the bathroom, lack of sleep, diet and the hormones. Really not funny. I'm glad it was over in 5 days, but I didn't know what to do. If I wouldn't be pregnant I would take some pills, be on diet and be done with that in a few days.
Now it's probably the longest time when all three of us are healthy at the same time. I just hope that there won't be many sick people at work, otherwise, I might catch something again....
We even managed to have our family photo-shoot and prepared our pregnancy announcement with a help from our photographer. Finally when I was 16 weeks everyone from the family knew.
So I'm a half way through my second pregnancy and as I felt very lucky during the first one, I feel even luckier this time. I could feel baby moving around 14 weeks each time, now this little one is kicking more and more.
Alex is going to be a big sister and we are trying to prepare her for it. I'm not sure if she understands what is going on, but we read her story about House in Mummy's tummy and she's lifting my T-shirts every day to see my belly. I think she's more interested in my belly button at the moment, but when she would be able to feel the baby, I think she might want to know more.
As our hospital does only one scan at the beginning of pregnancy and one towards the end, we booked an extra one, the 3D/4D scan. We had it last time as well and absolutely loved it, we came out of the clinic and our cheeks hurt from so much smiling. This time Alex will go with us. Can't wait to see her reaction. She will be already 1 year old :)
Maybe you asking why did we go to the hospital if there is such small amount of scans. Well we life in the middle between a capital city and this hospital. If we go to the city centre, we might get stuck in a traffic and I wouldn't be happy about giving birth in a car on a side of a road. Our hospital is a bit further away, but it takes us same time in a car to reach it and as we go to the middle of country there is no traffic at any time a day. Also the health care, midwifes etc are very good and the rooms are smaller so you don't share it with that many new mum's. We are really happy with our decision and I have to say if I wouldn't like it there with Alex, I wouldn't go there second time. :)
I didn't have time to bond with my bump during this pregnancy yet, but this will change when I'll be at work. I know I will be thinking about Alex and daddy home, but during my breaks I would be able to think about the little one inside as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment