Search This Blog

Friday, 7 November 2014

My hypnobirthing experience

I would say about myself, that I am very positive and sensitive person.

I love studying and am interested in everything new.

I completed a few foundation courses to massage, aromatherapy, Indian head massage, reflexology, hypnotherapy, NLP, EFT and some energy healing courses, also a little bit of counseling, psychology etc.

So from the beginning I was looking for some alternative pain relieve during the labour.

That's how I came across the Hypnobirthing. I knew I could do it home and don't need to go for a course. Another reason was that the course available to me was quite far away and I don't like driving much, so I found all I needed online.

I purchased a book and full download of CD collection with positive meditations for it.

I listened to the mp3's nearly every night and when the book arrived, I read it from the beginning till the end within a few days. I made notes, consulted some stuff with my hubby as I needed him to help me with that. The book was like my bible. Everything perfectly described and explained. What is happening to the body, why, how to ease the pain with breathing and relaxation.

I felt I found the way how to do it. (More about hypnobirthing will be published on an extra page, I will add links through the text)

Nearly everyone I told this to said that I should ask for Epidural as soon as I arrive to hospital and stop this nonsense.

I didn't listen to them. I hate needles and would not allow anyone to put one in my spine. I can survive blood test etc, I am a blood donor, but really not in favour of getting injections.

Towards the end of pregnancy instead of listening to the meditations and affirmations more often I usually went to bed and straight to sleep.

On the way to the hospital at the back seat of our car I listen to them again and again. It helped me get the breathing on the right truck.

I wanted to listen to them during the labour in the labour room as well, but I manage to get to the bath first, and I just enjoyed the warm water and talks with my hubby and when I came out it was nearly time for me to work hard and have the baby. I wasn't in a mood to listen to anything, just my thoughts.

The midwife who was assigned to me had some experiences with hypnobirthing and even water-births, so she was very helpful. Unfortunately we couldn't have a water-birth even if we wanted.

Of course I started to ask for some help, I had gas at the beginning, but didn't feel it working like a painkiller, it just kept me breathing deep and slow, the way I supposed to do it.

Our little one was back to back as one of the midwifes told me, she said it's the worst position for pushing the baby out. I didn't think my water broke, so I asked them to check and break it if it's going to speed up the process. To the surprise of all my water was gone, so there was nothing more to do than breath and wait and push. It didn't take long and our baby was born. Healthy and beautiful.

I'm really glad my hubby was there with me. He didn't want to watch all that, afraid he might faint if he looks down there, but he said, he couldn't stop looking there. He remembered that I asked him to remind me of some stuff from the book if I do the opposite. He did and it helped a lot.

The midwifes then asked me how many kids do I have. I said it's the first one and was given thanks for restoring faith in a natural birth from them.

I knew there and then that I will be coming with another one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment